Thursday, April 14, 2011

Racing Director

The much fun, much tiring, and much satisfying Croom Fools run is now in my rear view mirror. I really like this race directing stuff, I like it the most when I'm 35 miles into running a 100 mile race. I can be heard muttering, "yeah, I could be a full-time race director, I don't have to actually run!"

Still, I am planning to keep running. Something over Memorial Day, June a 100, October a 100. Who knows what else. Roger says I need to get to 32, don't know about that, but I'm pretty sure 20 will happen even if the Aztecs are right and we wrap up this rock on 12/12/2012.

On the RD front, I am running with Ultrarunning and RD legend Jerry Dunn in Mayakka State Forest tomorrow morning. We are scouting out a location for a Sarasota County 50 Mile race. This and a 12/24 hour race I'm planning with Debbie Voiles, the Croom Zoom, and the Fools puts a lot on my plate. Shoot, but I do love it! Except for the lack of sleep, I'd do it all the time. But my brother's best friend said it best...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever! Let's see between your life and Jerry's, well, that's my Thursday!

-Dean Karnazes

Mr. Matt said...

Dean, I don't know if Jerry's ever raced you, but with 200 marathons in one year, he probably has, but I know I'm one and one against you, so bring it on! Understand, I mean that with respect, but I fear not, on the right course on the right day..... anything can happen... again!

Anonymous said...

Andy,

Great Croom race as always! Got to love the smack talk with Dean. I am looking forward to your next race report - the Black Hills 100 in June

Sean K

bob said...

Hey, really great blog post… I've enjoyed reading through your blog because of the great style and energy you put into each post. I actually run AceHealth.org, a blog of my personal research and experiences. If you're interested, I would love to have you on as a guest blogger. Please send me an e-mail: bob.mauer65(at)gmail(dot)com, and I can give you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

superdave524 said...

Yeah, finally Warren is sleeping...

Star said...

Hmmm...I was sure I posted a reply.

Anyway, I've decided I'll sleep when I'm dead. Sleep is overrated (or so I'm told).

superdave524 said...

I know you're humping it to finish the school year, but it's nearly time for a new post.