Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Dates are In


Grand Slam dates are posted as of yesterday.


They are:
Western States: June 28-29

Vermont: July 19-20

Leadville: August 16-17

Wasatch: September 6 - 7
.
I AM NOT COMPLAINING: (now is where I'll complain) But, that is 4 x 100 mile races in 10 Weeks. The slam usually goes 11 or 12 weeks.

The dates for the first and last race are as close as they get. Western States, last full weekend in June, is at its latest possible date (save one day) and Wasatch , first Saturday after Labor Day, is at its earliest possible date. Sadly, this Grand Slam will be the hardest recovery wise since 1985. Regardless, it's a weather and injury issue more than a time factor, but it would be nice to have time on my side!

Oh, buy a bracelet. Read that post. I just ordered more letters, for the 'Don't Quit' braclets (there are still just 26 in the Amarkin language.)

3 comments:

superdave524 said...

I'd like to order a "don't quit, Sparky" bracelet. My e-mail address is on my posting information, but since you're my brother, you already know it. E-mail with the cost, and I'll send you a check before you get started.

Barbara S said...

Dave: Oh my. I am afraid to ask, but who (or what) is Sparky? Hmmmm. :-)

superdave524 said...

Barbara S- Sparky is a nick-name I've used on occasion, or, occasionally given to others. Some appreciated the appellation. Some (at this point I'm specifically referring to Richard "Sparky" Beaupre of A.P. Leto Comprehensive H.S., Tampa, FL) did not.