Saturday, September 8, 2007

It's 3:44 AM in the Morning

My journalism professor at Auburn University warned against using phrases such as, It's 3:44 AM in the morning (like there is another one?) I don't know if I'd have ever heard that phrase if not for him, so thank you Professor! In case you are wondering, yes, it's pretty common to be up and getting ready to leave for a run this early in the AM.


The hilly woods are 1 hour away, gotta start before sun up, gotta get done by 10 AM, and naps are a given! Gee, we ultra runners we really aren't much fun.


Ok, I'm off... By the way, today it's one year till the finish of Wasatch, the last of the four races, so now, it's 366 days in the slam, dunn, dunn, done!

6 comments:

superdave524 said...

Actually, AndyMan is a lot of fun... you just have to find the 30 or so minutes a week he's available!

Chase Squires said...

It was sitting in my driveway at a time such as that (early a.m.) when I decided to move ... it was 4 a.m., I was about to head to Croom, and the radio announcer says, "It's 4 a.m., here in Tampa, 87 degrees, 90 percent humidity, heading up to a high of 94 ..." and I thought, "this sucks. I'm moving to Colorado."

yep.

hey, nice photo!

Mr. Matt said...

Chase,
It still sucks, stay where you are!
Andy
ps, Dave, Man-O-War is also a horse.

superdave524 said...

Yeah, and I think it was Man-O'War (with Mr. Ed interpreting), who coined the phrase Catherine "the Great".

purplekayaker said...

Not only redundant but repetitious. A journalist in watching!

superdave524 said...

Beth, shouldn't that be "a journalist IS watching"?