Sunday, August 22, 2010

I got my T Back!

A stellar weekend of running if I do say my ownself. I feel that the weekend was letter worthy, so here we go, I'm closing in on it.....

P-I-N-H-O-T- _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
As my coach's friend Stephanie says, it's quality not quantity.

Saturday morning I met A2 for a quick near 20 at Morris Bridge. We started t00 fast for comfort, but I accepted it and went along. I know I need to push myself, and this seemed a good place to start. After 4 miles or so we slowed down and stayed slower through 9 when we dropped A2's friend James back at his car. Then we jogged across the street to the restrooms where we saw Dr. Frank and chatted before we took off, and took off we did. We spent about three miles at an uncomfortably fast clip, but I figured what the heck, I'll do as well as I can. Once again we thankfully slowed and finished our run.

That was a good workout, but not quite letter worthy, I would earn the letter on Sunday morning. Coach and I met up with a slew of runners at Clermont's National Training Center for an 8 mile hill run. Coach said that if I ran all 8 miles I should get a letter, that sounded like a good idea, so that's the bargain I made with myself on top of the hill at the start. At the start on top of the hill. On the top. Start. Hill. Yeah, I was kicking myself as I struggled on the inbound portion as I had to go back up the hill to top to finish. Clermont is certainly Central Florida's hilliest area and these hills dwarf Croom's (which I often walk) and tower over those in San Antonio, which I sometimes walked. But today, I ran 'em and earned my T.

Way to go me!

5 comments:

Star said...

Andy, I don't think anyone wants to see you in a t-back.

Mr. Matt said...

And no one ever will! But I got my T and I'm keeping it.

superdave524 said...

Thongs for the memories...

Anonymous said...

Some people call t-backs banana hammocks, except when A(wo)man wears one...then it's a grain-of-rice hammock. When I wear one it's called a tractor-trailer hammock.

-Dean Karnazes

Mr. Matt said...

Dean,

You know, there was a time when I didn't like you . . . pass the salt.

(ok, I'll admit, that was funny! Professor, Chase or SuperDave, at least I hope!)