Thursday, March 17, 2011

And Then I Quit!


Ok, now that #16 is completed, I can dust off my golf clubs and get down to a real man's sport.... Golf!
That's right, I am quitting the running thing.... just as soon as I run two more 100's. I really want to try out the Black Hills 100's, the guys seems cool that run it, and the course looks fantastic. Yep, I want in on that inaugural run. Then I quit.....

Right after I do the Heartland 100. Spirit of the Prairie. Why Heartland, in Kansas? Well, they sport the coolest belt buckle I've seen. It's got a Buffalo on it! And Chase has done it, and Chase is my boy.
So, it's June 27, in South Dakota and October 8, in Kansas. Fun races, and to be honest, I want to see if these states actually exist. I mean I've always accepted they are real, but seeing is believing!

6 comments:

Star said...

Who's going to stop their career with 18 finishes? That's a silly number.

I'm sure A2 would agree that the number needs to be at least a power of 10 for everything to be right in the world.

Roger said...

Living in a computer world, as we do, it should be a Binary or Hex multiple. Binary is too wimpy because it gives you an out every other finish. Ultra runners would certainly opt for hex. So that's a multiple of 16 (0 thru F for you non-geeks). So,,,quit now OR go get that silly Buffalo buckle and commit to doing 32 of these bad boys...

Mr. Matt said...

Roger, I guess I'm going for 32 (but enough about my love life!)

superdave524 said...

I think you should quit until you do the next one. Then quit again until you do the one after that. Repeat as necessary.

Anonymous said...

I think I ran 32 100's on the way to my last 100 and then 32 again on my way back. You know I once ran 50 marathons in 50 States in 50 days, and then ran back 1/2 way across the country.

But if you want to quit after 18, well you just go ahead.

-Dean Karnazes

yanmaneee said...

yeezys
yeezy
goyard
yeezy
supreme clothing
balenciaga
golden goose
goyard handbags
golden goose outlet
yeezy shoes