Saturday, June 16, 2007

I Was Shot!

Good news, I found the culprit for my downfall in Wisconsin.
On a training run last night Jon Docs, The Beckster, and me met at Croom for a 6:30 PM start, our goal was to run deep into the night, Becky had never done a night run. We wanted to run till about 4 AM. About 5 Minutes before we finished our first 22-Mile loop, I got jolted by a stomach issue that made me want to Ralph Fortson all over the trail. This urge to purge stayed with me until we packed up and scrammed at 3 AM, after about 40-Miles. This was the same thing that happened to me in Wisconsin at the Kettle Morraine 100. I was on pace for a 20-Hour run, when stomach issues derailed me at mile 50, and I ended up finishing in 25-hours.
However, this time I found the source of the malady.
I was the victim of a shot in the stomach! A Cliff Shot that is! Now, I'm not blaming Cliff Shot, it's not their fault that I didn't through out my case of Cola Shot just because they were a year beyond the expiration date! I didn't know, but I should have. Candi gave me those over a year ago and she got them 6 months before that and they were given the Gasparilla to all be used at a one day event in February 2006, so you know they were right on the date back then. Not to worry, I have Chase buying some more for me at Tin Can Pam's, he's never had a problem with their, only slightly used food there!

No comments: