Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Year From Cody

Well, today is the one-year Anniversary of the death of my Mother. Most who know me know that I was in Wyoming having just completed the Bighorn 100 Trail Run. It was the Monday after the run, I was in the very quaint and cool town of Cody. I had the privilege of talking with my mother on the morning of her passing.

Dealing with the whole her death wasn't easy. I didn't really speak to anyone for about 3 months, all I did was run. Mom and I were able to set a PR in our next race the Arkansas Traveller 100 in October. You can read the story in the Jan/Feb edition of Marathon and Beyond.

Mom, I'm glad you are home, but I miss you!

1 comment:

Mr. Matt said...

To amend my Cody post, I would like to say that my Girlfriend, Barbara, was there for me every step of the way when my mother passed. She drove me to the airport and made our travel arrangements to Ohio for the funeral. Some things there is no way to thanks a person for, this was one of those things.