Thursday, June 21, 2007

Poor Man's... er,a, Creative, Blog

I wonder if you guys know that the public library let's you use the Internet for up to one-hour a day, more if no one is waiting. Handy piece of information for those without home internet, handier still for those of us without home internet that are keeping a blog!

Being poor, er, a, Creative, make one appreciate the finer things in life, like gasoline! You know it's not free. But they do take quarters and nickels at the gas station. Did you know that a Honda Fit will travel more than 59-miles on $4 in gas? It's true, I'll get back to you on just how much farther it will travel.

There is something to be said for being Fit enough to run all over town, this Grand Slam thing may turn out to benefit me yet. Of course, I'll have to do some wheeling and dealing to figure out how to pay for these races and travel thereto (don't think it's a real word, but I like it!) Don't think for one second that I won't cash in my meager retirement account, because I will, if I have to. Jimmy Buffett said it, "I'd rather die while I'm living, than live while I'm dead!"

AndyMan

1 comment:

Barbara S said...

Well I guess it's true, "necessity is the mother of invention." Look at you scouting out resources at the public library! Did you know we are able to borrow almost any book from across the United States via our public library system’s Iborrow program? After the book is located, it is sent right to your local branch for pick-up. How cool is that? Of course I have never requested anything, but gosh darn I sure like knowing all those books are out there just waitin’ for me. Speaking of books… I can’t wait to read yours, Andy. Naturally, I’ll expect to be portrayed as thinner and less bitchy when your book comes out. But, whatever…
I am proud of you, Barb

P.S. Hey Chaser, Nat, and Mischa