Thursday, August 30, 2007

I'm Going to Disney!

Nah, I'm not going to Disney, but Barbara is, and she isn't just going to see Miguel Ratone, she's going to run the Walt Disney World Marathon. I'm so proud of her, she's doing Great. While I'm proud of Barb, I'm not so proud of Didney. Yes, it's the happiest place on Earth, but here are the top 5 new proposed slogans for Didney:

1. Gimme your money Sucker!

2. If you think we care, you're F'ing Goofy

3. The land of Tomorrow (and tomorrow and tomorrow on your credit card!)

4. Four Low Parks, One High Price

5. Disney, We're Great, so GET IN LINE!



As for the marathon, you spend so much time running on the service roads and behind the sewage plans they have a special slogan for the Marathon:



Come on in... Now get out... Come Again!



But, that's the park. I think it's great that Barb is running the Marathon, I hated it on 5 different occasions, so it must be ok. I certainly find value in it, and even more value in the quest to do it. Hey Barb, You Go Girl!

7 comments:

Chase Squires said...

You forgot "Don't let the 'Florida' part fool you, it'll be 24 degrees out when we line you up at 3 a.m. and make you stand in the pens for three hours before letting you start!"

Make sure you reserve a room in one of their cheapo "value" motels, they go for under a hunnert bucks and the shuttle will pick you up for the run.

... go Barb!

superdave524 said...

But the light show while you're waiting an hour to actually start the race is fun. As is the expectation of all the people waiting to start the race. It's a scam, but it's a fun scam. (I actually did run the disney half. The last one. Really. I swear.)

Barbara S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara S said...

No worries; I signed up for the slow runner's shuttle bus. It stops at the all you can eat breakfast buffet at Shoney's, and then gets you to the start at 6:30. When you start in the back, there's no need to arrive early!!

Mr. Matt said...

Ah, but you have to pay for the B'Feast Buffet with Disney Dollars, sadly, no cash value, but the cost $1 each.

I gotta agree with Dave about the fun scam (for the first time anyway, why I did it 5 times is a fun house mystery!)

But, don't worry Barb, you'll have fun, and I'll be there cheering wildly for you :)

Garou said...

I've been told that the weather for the WDW Marathon weekend is either really cold or really hot, never a happy medium. The year I ran the half, it was below 35 at the start, and this year, when my SIL ran it, it was 70 or so when the gun went off.

Supposedly it also alternates years, so 2008 should be cold.

Anonymous said...

Greate pieces. Keep posting such kind of info on your site.

Im really impressed by your site.
Hi there, You've performed a great job. I'll certainly digg
it and in my opinion suggest to my friends. I'm sure they will be benefited from this site.

Also visit my web blog ... weight loss
Also see my website :: weight loss