Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Labor Day of ..... Er, Running



There it is! And isn't it beautiful? It's a gnarly tree on the Silver Lake Loop at Croom. How does an ultra-trail runner with Grand (slam) aspirations spend his 40-somethingth birthday? Dancing? Shooting Pool? Strip Clubs? Oh, I'll be staying out all night for.... a 46-mile trail run! Oh, here's another picture of the trail just to convince you to come along.... Of course the woods won't look like this when we start out at 2 O'clock in the AM (my initials, AM, coincidence? I think not!)





So, come on out and join Andy (1st billing as it's a birthday run), Barbara, Becky, Woody, Pete, Candi, MaryBeth, Julie, ah, come on Andrea, Joe, and friends (come on down Dave! We'll even shoot some pool and do fun stuff like that as well as BBQ. It'll be a stone groove my man (from what movie? I'm serious an allofMP3 album for the first person, Stone Groove my man. What movie?)

...........................The Croom & Que, Yall Come!...........................

And the King will be there!



Like my boy Big Bob would say, it's like salt peter, you can't beat it! So, you might as well join it!


AndyMan

ps, special thanks to E, for use of the term Birthday run. She invented the birthday run you know!

8 comments:

superdave524 said...

Pulp Fiction?

Chase Squires said...

At that hour, you can even run in your birthday suit! (hint: Deet, lots and lots of Deet)

GatorFan said...

That was gonna be my guess SuperD. Either we're both wrong or you beat me to it. I guess either way, I'm a loser. ;<(

Mr. Matt said...

Now it isn't Pulp Fiction, but there are black and white people in this movie, just as there are in PF.

superdave524 said...

Citizen Kane was in black and white. I'm pretty sure Samuel L. Jackson wasn't, though. Looks like we're both losers Steverino.

Mr. Matt said...

The movie wasn't in B & W, the two stars were in B (Eddie Murphy) and in W (Dan Akroyd) and it was trading places. As Billy Ray Washingto (Murphy) is kicking everyone out of the house in Philly (formerly occupied by Louis Winthrop, Akroyd) one of his guests (whom William later referred to as a freeloader) was leaving he said of the gathering, "It was a Stone Groove My man."

I win!

purplekayaker said...

You are up at the same times of day (wee hours) that I am! Ha!
Some people have to WORK on LABOR DAY (night). NOT that I'm bitter or anything. The holiday is, after all, aptly named. So go run all night long, have fun, think of those are stuck indoors staring at a computer!

superdave524 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.