Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I Can't Overtrain for Them

My Cross Country Team has its district meet on Thursday at 5 PM. We should do very well, we may even win! Wow, I train alot, but I never win. Conversely, they win some, yet they really don't train that much. Not of one of them are going in overtrained. Too bad, unless you've overtrained at least once, you can never say, "Perhaps I trained too hard. Maybe next time it would benefit me to train less."
'Course if you've never overtrained, then you've probably never trained as much as you could have. As the English say, "It's a sticky wicket!"

4 comments:

Chase Squires said...

I worked carefully to avoid overtraining for the first 35 years of my life. As a result, I arrived at my 36th birthday fabulously rested, and very fat.

The results of my study seem to indicate that the risk of overtraining is outweighed by the downside of undertraining. Rest appears to be overrated, in this instance.

Not sure why I took up smoking. Tobacco, in hindsight, appears to have been an unrewarding training supplement.

These are only my results. Take them for what they are. Rest, pizza, smokes and tallboys may yet deliver a 100-mile victory, it's all, as they say, an "experiment of one."

superdave524 said...

See, it's "ing" over a train. See? It's an "over the train" ing. See?

Arlene said...

Got it!

Go Sox!

Mr. Matt said...

And if it had been undertraining, there would be a train, and the ING would have been under it and.... Go Sox, and take the Partiots with you!!