Friday, October 26, 2007

No High Anxiety in Tampa Town!

As an applicant for the Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run, I could let the e-mail I got today from WSER RD, Greg Soderlund, worry me, but I choose not to. Here's a snippet of the e-mail:

Your entry has been received. Thank you for completing your qualifying run and getting your application in on time. If you are not an automatic entrant, you will be going through the lottery (http://www.ws100.com/lotteryresults.htm) on Saturday, December 1st. The lottery takes place in Auburn, CA, in the Placer High School cafeteria near the WS finish line. The lottery is followed by an informal training run starting at Placer High School. Distance varies from nine to 15 miles. No aid stations and no trail markings. If you're not familiar with the trails, buddy up with someone who is. Lottery hours are from 9 a.m. to noon. The WS website (if all goes as planned) will be updated with lottery results every ten to 15 minutes. If possible, I encourage you and your friends to attend the lottery. The anxiety is high, but the coffee is hot, the pastries are sweet and comforting, and the entertainment is free.

Sentence 3 (in bold) has me putting this e-mail in the archives and not worrying even a little bit. Just 3 short (very long) years ago, I was sweating this bad boy. Man, I wanted to run this race soo bad. That 1st Saturday of December came around and BAM! I was a training fool, I had gotten in. Course, I had no idea it was such a big deal. I didn't know I'd be shelved for the next two years.

Anyway, I know that Roger, Chase, Chris Wedge, and Jon Docs also got this e-mail, and I am hoping, perhaps even praying, that they'll get the Go-Go Ahead on December 1. Good luck fellers! (I need the training partners :)

...........Best of luck to lottery folks, I'm going for a Run!.........

3 comments:

Chase Squires said...

I'm not "too" anxious ... If I get in, I'll see you in Cali ... if I don't, I'll see you in Leadville ...

Mr. Matt said...

Regarless, I hope to see you in Leadville! Shoot, be so good to see you at both, I promise not to yell at ANYBODY!

Chase Squires said...

right....