Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Rubber Meets the Off-Road!

Ok, prospective HFUUers, it's time to name your University.

Had several good suggestions. Narrowed it down to the following:

The Animal
Blowfish
Booze Monkey
The Ex
Joe Six Pack
Mongols
MUTS

I'll do a quick lobby for each one below, then I'm out! That's right it's up to you to stand up for your Mascot.

The Animal: I like this a lot. Why? Well, there's the Chrissy Furgeson comment, "If you finished today, then you're an Animal!" Well, both Chase and I did; therefore, made of wood! Also, on my B'day run, my brother called me an animal, I liked that. In addition, always liked those mascots that don't end in S!

Blowfish: I like the picture I downloaded. I liked Angie's grit, moxie and sticktoitiveness (I promise never to use that word again! It's like synergy, it just gets up there beside you) and it was her idea.

Booze Monkey: Gotta be the early favorite. Booze Monkey is cool as the other side of the pillow, besides, the Chaser went through much agony to get him forever implanted on... er him. Plus, do you really want to meet Booze Monkey in a dark alley? I'm thinking not. Plus, our shirts and banners will be the coolest.

The Ex: It there anything we fear more? End of story

Joe Six Pack: And no, that's not our abs! That's a ham n egger that works all day, lives hard, drinks out of the can and may wear them inside out to get an extra day out of them. Do yourself a favor don't piss off Joey Sixer.

Mongol: Invaders, Faber already used it. Don't vote for this one

Porcupine: Sticky bastid! Always liked that joke: "How are a Porsche and a Porcupine different?" Porcupine's got the pricks on the outside! Shirts would be cool, you'll have to lobby if you want this one, because it's not my fave. Er, yeah, I sorta left this off of the poll, now a real darkhouse, will have to run on a write-in campaign.

MUT: Hey, the Mut, he's loyal. He's unpredictable, he's hungry, he'll pee anywhere. He also stands for Mountain Ultra Trailrunner. As Fla's 2006 MUT of the year I sort of like this one. It's in my top 3, as a matter of fact, I'd like to think we're all MUTS in the eyes of the Lord. Go MUTS, GRRRR!

..Kibbles n Bits, Kibbles n Bits, I'm gonna get some Kibbles n Bits..

There you have it. I may edit and add graphics later, but get those comments and votes rolling in, gotta place the shirt orders soon!

VOTE EARLY and OFTEN!!
Did I mention that you can vote for more than 1? Well, er, yeah, you can-can.

7 comments:

Chase Squires said...

I'll cast my vote for the ever lovin' Booze Monkey. Being with Booze Monkey means never having to say, "Sorry I barfed on your trail shoes." ....

But no love for my late entry, "Pus in Boots?" .... over at http://dirtyrunningthoughts.blogspot.com

Mr. Matt said...

Must admit, the cat is PHAT, but the Monk, the Monk, the Monk!!!

Er, don't forget that animal I call the MUT!

Chase Squires said...

The bonus with Booze Monkey is that I'm sure my pal Bruce Christopher, who drew him, won't mind letting us use that picture, so you'd have a custom, professionally drawn logo ... that's gotta count for something.

c

Just me said...

I'm sticking with Booze Monkey. Cooper is too.

Mr. Matt said...

Poor Benji, just not getting the love :( Well, I may end up a Monkey, but I'll always be a MUT!

superdave524 said...

Hey, I only got to vote twice!

Arlene said...

I like MUTS! He's cute, for a dog! And we have so much in common. I am always hungry...and I pee EVERYWHERE!

Will you be selling t-shirts with the mascot on it! You know that I need another t-shirt. Maybe the Ali-girl can donate a portion of those proceeds to Locks of Love?