Friday, February 29, 2008

Chill before you Chill Again

One of my European History Students is celebrating his 4th birthday today. Happy Birthday Matt, later we'll watch Barney.

What? How? 4-years-old? Yeah, he was born on Feb. 29, and we only have those once every four years. We get so excited on those years, we elect presidents and have Olympics. It's cool.

And me? I run Grand Slams, I remember it was a big deal to me that this is a leap year because I figured that I'd need the extra day for training. Well, I think I'll use that extra day for resting! I need to do more of that, but not too much.

So, here I go, it's February 29, and I'm resting......

4 comments:

superdave524 said...

Cool effect on the pic, dude.

my friend Amy said...

Yeah, that's the best cut and paste job I've seen you craft. I tried to explain the leap year deal to my students today, they're second graders. It didn't hit them until we connected to the birthday party element, then they felt the pain of those leapsters.

Arlene said...

Lazy @$$!

Mr. Matt said...

I know right Arlene? What can I tell you, I enjoyed the day, I was chillin' Not Chillin' today though. All Day long Trackster Meet, oh, it'll be a hoot!