Well, the weather service says, "It's going to be cold out there campers." Oh joy.
Ok, let's recap:
1. I'm from Florida
2. There are Zero Mountains in all of Florida
3. The high point in Florida is 41 feet below sea level
4. The record low in Florida on August 16 is 86 degrees.
Now, Let's look at the Leadville Trail 100:
1. It's in Colorado
2. It has mountains so rugged they are called the Rockies
3. The low point in Colorado is 41 feet above Ski Level, no one know the high point.
4. Whilst August is the 12th snowiest month in Colorado, it snowed last night on the LT100 course, it's supposed to snow tonight on the LT100 course, it's supposed to snow tomorrow night on the LT100 course, the low on the race course on Saturday will be around -10 Centigrade.
Er, I'm not in trouble... not yet, I'm in Chase's office working on his computer, shoot, I've got hours more of relative comfort before I go to Leadville. Oh higher being, oh power animal, oh great goddess of the handwarmer be with me!
Tell me it aint so, tell me I got it wrong, tell me it isn't "Cold Hands, Warm Cart!"