Monday, November 5, 2007

Now That Didn't Take Too Long

Don't like the weather? Wait 9 months it'll change!

Guess what? We had a nice weekend. It only took from March 3, till the 3rd of November to be able to walk to the street and get the paper without breaking out into a full sweat.

A crew of us met up at Croom for our last run there in a month, now it's the time when Skoal dipping, beer swilling, airplane glue sniffing, camo-wearing, better-watch-out-for Dick Cheney acting, hicks chase deer or deer like creatures around our woods. I like what Chase Squires says, make it fair, give the deer a gun too. I say, make it fair, make 'em hunt with Dick Cheney, whoever comes out alive is the VP!

We Gotta Wait a Month for this Banana to get his jollies?

Oh, back to running, anyway, we ran, it was B-E-A-Utiful! Thanks God! I ran 20, my legs were a little tight, but it was pretty easy. I ran with Candi who just glided along, I don't think she even broke a sweat, and Woody, who due to stomach issues was on and off the trail so many times he probably ran 43 miles, yet he still kept up with us.

Sunday it was over to Morris Bridge for 15 with Becky. We just trotted around, my legs felt great. Obviously we weren't the only ones enjoying the first cool weekend since March, there were more off-road cyclists there than I have ever seen at that venue. I have been going there since before the first trail marker was ever out there, since before Ali was born, and she's 13. Now, I didn't tell anyone about the place, which one of you spoiled the secret and let these fluorescent jersey wearing geeks on to MY trails? I guess I'm happy to see so many people exercising, but if you're going to wear an actual bike jersey, please stay on the paved loop or go to the gym (no, no, come on out, the more the merrier, darn, I hate that I'm SO benevolent :)

3 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Indeed, here it was warm enough to draw out the crowds, did 3 hours at Mt. Falcon, temps in low 70s, no humidity, and tons of hikers and mt. bikers ...

Snow will fall there any day and that will be the end of my mountain runs for the winter.

superdave524 said...

I sooooo want that shirt.

Mr. Matt said...

Dave,
Just Google, Images for "Elmer Cheney" and you'll get some good stuff. Some of which the Blog wouldn't publish!