Tuesday, November 6, 2007

White Choclate, the Waltons, and a Speckled Pup under a Red Wagon








Now, That's Sweet, er, maybe a bit too Sweet...

At yesterday's CC practice, my girls team, which I may have mentioned, qualified for Regionals, asked me, "Coach, can we do intervals today?"

What? Say again.

"Coach, can we do intervals today?"

Of course I can't tell them, look, nobody likes to do intervals. You kids are in high school. You're supposed to ask if you can run the neighborhood and take a few short cuts and hide in the neighborhood while you're at it.

But no, not my team. Didn't matter to them that I ran 35 miles this weekend, they wanted to run intervals and they wanted me to do it with them.

Yeah, these kids are a coach's dream come true. I wonder if they asked the math teacher if they could do more problems? "Excuse me, Mrs. Mathteachersmithandjones, why don't we do the even problems too?"

Do, you think these girls want to qualify for States? I mean that's on a Saturday, they don't even get an extra day off of school!


We did those intervals, and I wouldn't be against us qualifying for States!

5 comments:

superdave524 said...

Go, Crusaders!

Barbara S said...

Andy:

I got home last night and read my Nov./Dec. copy of Marathon and Beyond. Your article on the Arkansas Traveler 100 is fantastic. You are truly an inspiration to me and so many others. You set such a wonderful example as a teacher; as a coach; and as a friend. Your mother left the world with some amazing gifts. I am grateful for her, and I am so proud of you! I love you, Barb

Chase Squires said...

Barbara, don't believe a word of that Arkansas Traveller article, I have it on good authority: Andy is Full of It!

.... and Andy, I see they're still calling that X-Country race a "marathon," seems to me I remember it being closer to a 50k ... Oh, wait, I was following Becky. First mistake!

Mr. Matt said...

Hey Barb don't listen to Chase.... Ok, go ahead, but I still appreciate your kind words, you are the best! L,a :)

superdave524 said...

Those puppies look... delicious.