Monday, November 26, 2007

The Sell Out!

It's here on http://intheslam.blogspot.com/

Yall, I like the Buccaneers, I really do. I like Gene Deckerhoff, the radio play by play dude. You'd think that I like listening to the Bucs games on the Radio. I don't. I hate it with the white hot passion of the engine of my 1977 sky blue Dodge Pick-up truck which gulped oil. Why do I hate to listen to those games on the radio?

I HATE COMMERCIALS! Gawd, the radiocasts are so bad, I'd rather go to game. Actually, the only way I'm likely to see a Bucs game now is on TV. I'm out a lot on Sunday's running, going to or from a run, and my leddle Honda Fit has an adequate radio, but no TV. So, I'll go Bucless before I listen to even one more game on the radio.

Here we go: The captains are going out for the True Value Coin Toss. And just like we hope that Derek Brooks makes the right call on the coin flip, you should make the right call in better tasting beer. Miller Lite, good call. Brooks has called heads and the Bucs have won the Coin Toss brought to you by True Value.

And now to GFM Financial Kick OFF, and kick off your portfolio with GFM Financial. Find out more at http://www.gfmfinancial.comorgnetmyass/. Then the introductions are brought to us by Chevy or Honda or Bodreaux's Butt Paste or something. Like that. I am not kidding, listening to football on the radio is GROSS! I WILL NOT DO IT!


That being said, I have had a few opportunities to make a little money by getting sponsors for my Grand Slam quest. A few want on my Blog, a few more want to give me product. Do I want to become a corporate whore? Well, no I don't, but can I afford not to? I don't know, I'm struggling a bit with it.

A CONTEST!
First, I sent First Watch a copy of my Taters post, and they are sending me a gift card. I am not going to keep said gift card, I'm going to give it to one of you. I guess the one that makes the best post either pro or con to me becoming a whore will win the First Watch card. So you lurkers out there, you can still participate by sending me an e-mail, and I'll post your thoughts and let you stay in the shadows if you so desire. YOU CAN WIN A FABULOUS MEAL!

Gee, yall, I don't know, if I turn my blog into a red-light district, how long is it until I put a big red swoosh on my class room door? Can't you see me wearing logo shirts and that kind of stuff. Hey, speak your mind, if I wasn't thinking about it, I wouldn't even bring it up, but perhaps you should listen to an NFL game on the radio before you vote, and perhaps I should buzz over to Orlando and take a look at Tiger's crib before I make up my mind.... choices, choices!

We've established what you are, now we're just talking about the price!

12 comments:

Chase Squires said...

"Chico's Bail Bonds? Let Freedom Ring!"

Chase Squires said...

Uh, dude, lest you forget: YOU'RE A TEACHER ... that means, 1) you only work part of the day 2) you only work part of the year 3) you have no money (it's in your contract, shoulda read that part before you signed) ... oh yeah, you also mold young minds, blah, blah, blah ... whatever.

So: You either work part time behind the counter at the Liquor Locker, like my old Social Sciences teacher, who we called "Chubby Butt," or you TAKE THE MONEY and stamp NASCARish logos across your body.

Honestly, a no-brainer. Go for it. It's not like any of us have ethics. Ask yourself: WWRRD? (What Would Rosie Ruiz Do?)

superdave524 said...

Really is a no-brainer whether or not to do it, the only question is under what conditions. If it's not a product that you use, maybe that's worth passing on (unless the pay really a lot!). You obviously ought to figure out the terms of the deal. You use product placement all the time. It's funny or topical. It doesn't bother me to see someone in a movie eating a McDonald's hamburger instead of a made-up named burger if it fits the story. You probably want creative control to say something off-color about a product, so long as it isn't actually bad. The only time endorsements would be a bad thing is if it significantly changes the content or style of what you're saying. Andy's Army would definitely be pissed off if that happened.

Arlene said...

You SHOULD do it! Cheap is good; FREE is better!

Besides, it would make me so PROUD to know someone that got endorsements. I don't know anyone at that level, nor would I ever aspire to that level. Although I DID get my picture taken with Joan Benoit Samuelson on Sunday at the Space Coast Marathon after winning 3rd place in our AG (she is the same age as I am) in the half-thon. Oh...she was 3rd OVERALL woman. Thanks Joanie!

Anyway, keep this list handy in case you can get free stuff that you would not use:

Nike Air Zoom Skylon women's size 7.5;
Defeet socks (small)
Michelob Ultra;
Champion Jogbra (I'm not holding my breath on that one);
Gatorade (any flavor will do)
Rice Krispie Treats
Sun Chips
Pounce Tartar Control Cat Treats
Alison Mathews "Don't Quit" bracelets (I still need a black and white one)

That should do. If there is something else, let me know. I'm sure that I'd find a use for it.

Can't wait to see your pic on the Wheaties box!

Chase Squires said...

Oh, dude, me too ... if you happen to get a 2008 Lexus GS with a 4.6-Liter V8 342 hp engine, Eight-Speed Sequential-Shift Automatic ... in silver.

Just sayin' ... (it's like, so "not green" that you probably wouldn't want to be seen in it)

Mr. Matt said...

Hey Arlene, you are so far in the lead for the First Watch Brunch (if you win, you really don't have to take me, but you can :) I don't think they have 1st Watch in Denver, and they darn sure don't in Walterboro!
Speaking of Walterboro, SuperDave, you didn't give me any Lem Barney love, I can't believe it. I'm hurt, Lem's hurt and little Lem Jr. well, he'd be devestated!

On the poll, I only voted once, and that's all I'm going to vote, I'll let you know how, what and where later.

Star said...

Uhh, First Watch is only good in the event of a hangover. You can keep your crummy ol gift card, 'cause it seems you may need it more than me ;)

Peyton Manning is a "sell-out" (albeit a funny one)...getting a gift card from a junky local restaurant is not selling out. My motto: "Free is for Me!"

superdave524 said...

I know Lem was your favourite (I just got back from the British Isles, so that's how I'm spelling it for a week or so) back in the day. Lem, my apologies. I still liked Alex Karras better. Grabs 'em Alex!

Mr. Matt said...

Yo, Star-drea, what in the hell? First Watch, junky? Hello, 1st Watch Taters! Star-drea, they have avacado. You go to Pukens (I mean Perkins) if you like, but me, I'm FW all the way! Besides, FW is good taters, but that's Small Potatoes, I'm talking about doing a big time sell-out. Major tens of dollars! Peyton and Andy together pimping crap!

Yvonne said...

It's been said already and I agree if it doesn't compromise your principles and it's not a company whose products you dot't like or use - just do it! (I have nothing witty to say so I won't be gettin no stinkin free b'fast)

Lan said...

I think you should pimp for things you can eat like fruits and veggies. They do grow them in this area and are picked by illegal aliens (or whatever the politically correct term is though never mind, I've never been accused of being PC). Anything you don't want you can give to the food bank and you'd be their hero/role model. Oh never mind, Arlene wins. Besides I'd rather eat with Star at Perkins or Village Inn.

Arlene said...

I like First Watch! Of course...any free food is good.

First of all, it is close to home for me. Second, I can go in smelling like a #$% after a long Sunday run and not offend anyone if I sit in a booth and hidden from the masses. Third, I like re-hydrating on coffee with caffeine and they have plenty. Fourth, their huge pancakes are enough for both breakfast and dinner, so I get TWO free meals.

Of course you can go with me! You would be a great date. You have already eaten with me when I am without make-up, clean clothes, and stinky hair.

And I would not fight you for the ketchup bottle. Then again...I've never eaten pancakes with ketchup....