Thursday, November 15, 2007

UPDATED! Rally of Pep!

Cool stuff. Our school is having a little pep rally for the Girls Cross Country team. Turns out I was wrong; I thought that the team hadn't been to States since 1982, turns out that this is the first time ever for them!

So cool, so great to be a part of it!

Thank you Coach Morejon, Anna, Alyssa, Jennifer, Christina, Jacqueline, Meghan, Sarah, Abbi, Kelly, Jo-Jo, and Michelle, for adding a lot of fun and a sense of accomplishment to my life.

We're #5, We're #5, We're #5..... And it feels GREAT!
Pep Rally UpDate: Our Pep Rally made the paper! From the St. Pete Times, Chase's old fish wrap (but I do like the paper!): http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/18/Sports/Hillsborough__News_an.shtml
Unique pep rally
Tampa Catholic junior Meghan Sullivan (60th, 21:06 in Class A on Saturday) and Holy Names senior Stephanie Socias (63rd, 20:58) have become fast friends from running together all season. But Sullivan likely has bragging rights when it comes to school spirit.
To celebrate the Crusaders' rare trip to the state meet, the school put on a pep rally Friday in the courtyard. Sullivan got to speak, introducing the other runners, while getting them pumped for their first experience.

AndyMan

ps, sadly, I'm already thinking about and working on how we can WIN regionals and place in the top 5 at State next year. Well, I was a nice guy coach for 2 years anyway!

4 comments:

superdave524 said...

...and if I know AndyMan (and I do know AndyMan), he will continue to be a nice guy after this year. A nice guy with goals, perhaps, but a guy that knows that Vince Lombardi was wrong, and the epistle writer was right: (paraphrasing) Seek first the truly good stuff, and the accolades might be thrown in for a bonus.

Chase Squires said...

Dave, you've obviously never run in a race with Andy ... I can tell you, I wouldn't call him Mr. Nice Guy, I'd just call him by his racing nickname, Richard (actually, most people shorten it).

Yeah, he gets a little cranky.

('Grats coach, nice job, but what's this "winning" stuff you keep talking about? Should I be trying to get to the finish ahead of the other folks? What's the hurry?)

Arlene said...

The AndyMan IS a nice guy! Who would run 26.2 miles with a friend in 80 heat at 6:30am on the PAVEMENT with those bad feet?

The AndyMan can!

The AndyMan can 'cause he mixes it with luv and makes the run go good!

Mr. Matt said...

Thanks Dave and Arlene. Yeah, I am a nice guy except under two circumstances:
1- Some yay-who tries to deny that industrial manufacturing has any impact whatsoever on the earth, and says that this is a proven fact, (why, because I said so! Er, that's not really a reason...)
2- A volunteer (I know he was 10, still...) tells me that I must be in last place because so many people have already come through (Top of Devils Thumb, and I think I've made my case)

And I sent that girl on the bike the wrong way on accident, I swear. I was being nice until I sent her to another county...