Friday, June 6, 2008

Song of the Week #47, LISAH!

Life is a Highway............. All Night Long (and there are a bunch of Lyrics in between) Hey, those intials spell, LISA H! You guys remember her? We used to run with her, I wonder what ever happened to her. Where are you Lisa H? Come back, we miss you!


But this is perfect in honor of our night run tonight, because the plan is to run ALL NIGHT LONG, and some of it will be on the road.

Yeah, I remember my first night run. This will be better.
Last time, it was a solo attempt all in the woods. Er, don't do that, unless you are super Dan Miller. I'm telling you at Croom in the middle of the night those armadillos sound like Rocky Mountain Grizzly Lions! Also, the markings on the trees are much easier to see in the day time. You'll want at least a couple of extra eyes looking for them in the woods at night.

Even the Croom Road can be a little scary solo at night. One more than one occasion I've ducked into the woods to hide from on coming cars (I'm like who's traveling this road at 3;30 AM? Shoot, it was probably Woody, but before he shaved he looked a little scary at night driving that kidnapping van he has!)

Anyway, there you have it! Life is a highway, I want to run it all night long!

7 comments:

Mr. Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. Matt said...

Hey, the intials for Life is a Highway spell LISA H. She used to run with us. Wonder what ever happened to her?

Star said...

Hope you kids have fun out there. Don't be scared by things that go bump in the night....

Chase Squires said...

Watch out for them tarantulas! And send pix!

superdave524 said...

Y'all ever see any snipes out there?

superdave524 said...

Ah, now I can comment again... Er, I don't have anything to say...

Mr. Matt said...

Snipes? I believe Wesley is expected to spend a few years here in Florida!