Monday, December 3, 2007

The Chase is On (er, a in!)

Dear Blog,

I was very excited to see that my friend Chase got in to Western States via the lottery, now I know I won't come in last :)

AndyMan

AND NEITHER WILL HE!

Ok, here's the skinny:

In, Chase, Andy, my friends Michelle, Chrissy Weiss, and Gordy Ansleigh. Also in are 3 other folks from Florida, I don't know any of them, if you know anything gimme a shout:
Georganna Quarles (an Ironwoman), Allen Kuhn (an Ironman, and a lightening fast one), and Scott Hendrickson (no data found.)

Gee, I hope I can get a Chris Wedge, or a Jon Docs, or a Davo, or perhaps a Woody to come up and pace me for 38 miles up there in California, that'd be so cool! If you are interested partaking in the pacing and becoming part of the book project, shoot me a note. Remember, I'll have run 62 mountain miles, so chances are you are fast enough! When the lovely (hubba, hubba) Deborah Wedge paced me in 2005, she had never run more than 31 miles in a single whack, but she had no problem keeping up with me.

All applications will be considered!

2 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Hey, I'd settle for dead last. I just need to finish.

Mr. Matt said...

Chase, so you went with the new photo, I liked the cowman! And hey, you won't be last! You are going to use those mountains to your advantage and you are going to run very well!