Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tic Tac Toe, 3 in a Row!

Thank the Lord for small favors.
Used to be running three days in a row was a given, but used to bees don't count anymore (What's that from, a song I think, I don't remember), I hope not to take that for granted anymore!

Today I drove down to a new place, Balm Boyette Scrub Nature Preserve. It's cool, it's just like Flatwoods, but it's cool. It was Elaine's annual birthday and birthday run (I won't say how far she was running but it was slightly more than 29 miles.) I ran about 15 with her, I really don't know how many, I was out there a little more than 3 1/2 hours, but we weren't running as much as we were chatting, which is what one should do on one's birthday. I know I promised Chase and SuperDave pictures, but alas, I forgot my fancy new camera, I'll bring it tomorrow, promise.

But I did see each of the following:

A Swamp (I could lie and say I took these, I promise I saw them all:)
Mountain BikesMigrant Workers (there is a Strawberry Field forever next to the entrance)It was a beautiful 74 degree day, and the mayor of Balm made sure there was absolutely no snow on the roads, so getting there was like safe boating....... No accident!

Tomorrow, I'm going for four in a row, and I'll be thankful.

1 comment:

Chase Squires said...

Yeah, I went running today too ... okay, running a swamp might be fun, but running in a blizzard is not ... leave it at that.