Friday, December 7, 2007

I'm Nervous as a Long Tailed Cat in a Room Full of Rockers!




Yall, I aint lying. I am nervous as a sweet painted lady sitting in the front pew in church.



Well, what's got me all jitter-buggy? It's this pesky hunert miler I'll be slogging through tomorrow. Can I get some love here? Yes, it is flat, but it's 100 miles, and it's gonna be warm, not a scorcher, but warm. High of 80 - 82. Dern it all, up till Tuesday, they were saying 72 for a high. Also, remember I got uppity about that dinky little marathon, and it kicked me right in the shins (or maybe even a little higher!) So, yes, I'm worried.

Not only is it, long and hot, but I've been dealing with a little hip-thing. Don't know IT Band, Rubber Band, Dave Matthews Band, couldn't tell you, just knows it aint comfy couch over here in Tampa town.

But I gotta run, shoot, I collected more than $1200 buckaroos for Literacy Leads to Hope, all that with NO HELP from the running community. No problem, what has Kenya ever contributed to running anyway (other than every male distance record from 5K - 42 K?)

4 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Oh, playing possum??

This just in from the Agence France Press:

"LONDON (AFP) - US tennis legend John McEnroe expressed his concern on Friday that organised crime, such as the Russian mafia, could be infiltrating tennis.

"The former world number one believes that threats to tennis players or their families could be forcing them into throwing matches."

.... So the same forces at work in the Ultrarunning community?? Russian Mafia paying you off to throw the AO100?? Is that what this "sponsorship" is??? Hmmm.

Well just like Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction, I know you'll double cross those thugs and go on to win this thing, then get caputred by some Hillbilly s and m freaks, get trussed up in the basement of a pawn shop ... etc.

Good luck with the race, you'll do great, and enjoy those midnight grilled cheese samiches. Tell Stu I said Hey ... sorry I can't make it this year. I'll be running the canyons of the Colorado Natl. Monument on the Colo/Utah border this weekend.

superdave524 said...

Go on (not to be confused with goon, though goon's a pretty cool word), get medieval on that course. Your body's taking a pounding, I'm sure, but after this epic year, maybe you can tone it down a notch and let it recover.

Chase Squires said...

Hey, a company just left a note on my blog, they want to "invite" me to join one of their races. Sounds pretty cool, a series of ultras across the globe, nearest one to here is in the jungles of southern Mexico, 250k over 5 days in deep jungle. Wow cool ...

www.ambitionevents.com ...

oh, entry fee is $2,000 ... plus expenses ... um,

Mr. Matt said...

Chase and SuperDave, you two are cracking me up, heck I'm feeling better already. I'll tell you this right now, if Ving Rhames, Ivan Lendal or Johnnie Mac himself show up, I'll take them all down (unless the money is better the other way, a few straglers aside. Let's talk about the rich and prosperous Mr. Butch.)