Wednesday, May 28, 2008

One Month from Today

One month from today I'll be here:Western States Start, as a matter of fact I'll be 20 minutes into the run, I'll be walking up the Olympic Village Ski Slope in Squaw Valley on my way here:

The Western States Finish:

I wish you all could be there to share this with me, but I know you have real jobs, and I can't afford to bring you all. Fortunately, my beautiful daughter Ali is going and my great friend Kristyn (who's stuck with me through thin and thinner!) are going to be there. Even though you can't be there you can keep track of me in real time. Using this link and knowing that my race number is 281: http://ws100.com/webcast/runnerquery.html

It's a handy tool. In 2005 when I did the race, Mom told me they had the whole convent up all night tracking me, and they knew that I finished in under 24 hours as I did it. She said they were freaking out when I went off the grid at mile 90 (I had stopped to get a blister fixed, but the webcast doesn't give you that info.)

Anyway, am I excited, yes I am! I hope you'll share the journey with me.

8 comments:

superdave524 said...

I'll be checking in, fa-shizzle.

Mr. Matt said...

checkin' in, that's the ticket, don't start till at least Noon Eastern Time on June 28.

The Professor said...

Hey!!!! We don't all have real jobs!!

I resemble that comment...

Chase Squires said...

One month and a day from today, I'll be done.

Star said...

We'll be there in cyber-spirit sending power through the satelites my friend.

Oh, and I was thinking as I was driving up to San Ann this morning (btw: Andy's another no-show!)...Remember a post you did awhile back about Angie puking at the 50K in October? You said something like...H-T-F-U!

Well, RIGHT BACK AT YA!! Stop whining about this and that...just HTFU and go finish the Grand Slam. There. I said it. Someone had to.

Mr. Matt said...

Star, I'm gonna try, but it's so Haaard to H the F up! Plus, if I give up the whining, what will I do with those several hours a day?

Lynne said...

Star,

Andy did have a commitment on Thursday morning.

But what he did that evening is still unclear.

Arlene said...

I'll be there! The cheapest trip that I've ever taken.

I'll even have a pasta dinner the night before! Gotta do it right!