Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ready Set... Breakfast!

Hey, nice last long run before the Vermont 100, which is one week from today (wildfires withstanding!)

It was a beautiful crew on a, shocker! hot and inhumanely humid morning, out at the Morris Bridge/Flatwoods area. Representing the FU Runners headed to Vermont were, Andy 1 & 2, Candi, Tracy, Patrick, and Andrea. We also had the pleasure of visiting with Puerto Rican Ron, Leon, the lovely Michelle, and a nice lady I met for the first time, Bridget.

Andy and Patrick took me too long and too fast around the park, we were a mile short on the main loop as we clocked in a solid 14ish, and I guarantee we chatted more than Kathleen Wheeler's sewing circle (by the way, check out and buy some of her blankets, they are dynamite!) All I know is we didn't get Andy 2 talking enough because I threw up in my mouth while trying to keep up with him, and I'm not sure there wasn't part of a lung in of those mixtures. I was doling out my un-solicited advice to the two of them regarding Vermont, then realized that these guys are tougher than Lloyd Bridges with sand in his undergarments, they didn't need squat from me, and they'll do amazing things at Vermont and on!

After our run, we caught up with the rest of the crew at First Watch (even Andrea slummed it, and ate with us!)

My gosh, it was what the running community is all about. We ran, we struggled and we had a good time chatting about the next big thing, Vermont. I'm stoked!

13 comments:

Roger said...

sorry to have missed it. I did a run late Friday night instead as I had a round of Golf scheduled for this morning.

I'll see you all on Thursday afternoon or evening.

Anonymous said...

How do you expect to even finish Vermont when you forwent (past tense of forgo) the run this morning? Golf is not cross training!

Lynne said...

Anon - absolutely golf is cross training !! Extra bonus if you walk, too.

Roger has put his time in, so I hear; let him enjoy the links.

superdave524 said...

Did someone say links? I love sausage!

Mr. Matt said...

Didn't see any snausages this morn, course, if Patti had been there....

And Lynne, golf is only cross-training if I play, there is the trip through the woods, there is the aquatic element, sometimes there is even the rolling of carts : -)

Star said...

Funny...I was going to say the same thing about The Good Doctor: she took me too far too fast. But what the hey. A good run and a *decent* breakfast was had by all. Thank God this running in the heat is over...I came home to a 2.5 hour nap! (More about my nap race-dream on my blog...).

The Professor said...

I agree with Star...I'm glad this running in the heat is over. It was like, 71-degrees here this morning. On top of that, there was almost some humidity in the air...almost.

Chase Squires said...

I don't know what y'all are complaining about, it was a little chilly at the start of the High Mountain 50k yesterday, barely 50 degrees, I hid out in my car until the start ... brr. It did get up to 75 by the finish, but still coolish in the trees.

I need a crew to run with, somebody hurry up and move out West.

Anonymous said...

Chase, We've got a ready made crew here for you to run with...Come on back!

Chase Squires said...

C, ain't never happenin'

visit Colorado, and you'll know why!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, been to Colorado. (My friend "Sue" lives there, if you recall.) Love CO in summer, like skiing CO in winter, can't imagine I'd last more than a week "living" in CO in the winter...

Anonymous said...

But, Chase, you can always come and visit.

Mr. Matt said...

Chase, Hold your breath, I'm coming out (Saralee, let us know when he turns blue!)