Thursday, March 13, 2008

Day Five and I'm Still Alive


Last night, fun night, late night. Went to Dade City, San Antonio, Sait Leo, to run the Fort King Hill Kings. Nice crew there. Davo, the lovely Lisa, Candi, Becky, and our hosts, Julie and Eddie. They all ran, not me.. :( I hadda ride the bike. But it was fun (and easy :) riding next to them as they trudged (except Davo, he floated) up the hills and cruised down them.

I learned a couple of things, most people don't enjoy the hill workouts as much as I do, it seemed a little like work to them, and they liked it ok, but they weren't lovin it. And I learned, always carry a jacket. Don't matter, you should have one. It got a little chilly last night, and everyone busted out the jackets, but not me, I just put on two short sleeve shirts. I was chilly, but on day 5 I was alive!

Can't wait to run on Sunday though. I'll be home soon!

6 comments:

superdave524 said...

Cool you could at least hang with the crew, even if you still need to cool your heels.

Mr. Matt said...

It was cool. I was riding the little bike, yaking with Davo, shooting the bull with Candi, talking (without yelling) about old times with the Beckster. Meditating with Lisa. And yeah, envying Julie and Eddie, for living in a pretty and hilly place and having each other to lean on!

Chase Squires said...

Ah, Dade City .... know that house on the very top of Fort King? The old wooden one with the great view? I know them ...

Mr. Matt said...

Chaser, no bull? Those are Eddie and Julie's neighbors. They live in the HUGE new house with the slightly better view (not kidding)

Star said...

You get a STAR for the day! You...on a BIKE??? Yikes! What a site that must have been :) Sorry I missed the hill kings (yeah, right)...I'm sorry I missed the Mexican dinenr. And don't let Candi fool you...she could ride circles around me.

yanmaneee said...

yeezy shoes
kyrie 6
curry 6
golden goose sneakers
kyrie 3 shoes
nike cortez
nike air max
yeezy boost 350 v2
coach outlet store
air jordan