Friday, March 14, 2008

Sedentary Life: Pick up Stix, it's Day Six

Five, Six, pick up Stix, of your broken life, you LOSER!

Hey, I'm in first place, in the couch potato league!

Me, "What are you doing?"
Them, "Driving a stake in next to you."
Me, "Why for art thou?"
Them, "To see if you're still moving."
Me, "Save your hammer Jack, I aint. Now Drop and give me 20 Cheetos!"
Hey, but my boys track team came in 1st out of 13 schools in last night's meet. That was cool. My guys ran well, not as well as they/could have/should have/would have, but they ran well. One of the parents said to me, "you have to take some credit for this, they are obviously a lot faster than they were."

Ok, I'll take a little, but I want more! Oh, not credit, progress, I want more progress, if my foot doesn't heel I'm going to have to live vicariously through these guys and darn it, I want to beat somebody, everybody, two-a-day practices.... next week, we are taking today off to celebrate our first big meet victory in more than 5 years. Feels good, real good.

7 comments:

superdave524 said...

Who said Cheetohs never prosper?

Star said...

WHEN your foot heals, not if...WHEN it heals. But I can tell you, Chester, that soaking your foot (or any other body part) in Cheetos ain't gonna help!

Mr. Matt said...

Come on, who doesn't love cheetos? And if you love cheetos, what's better than cheese dust! Can't hurt so it's gotta help.

The Professor said...

What's wrong with living vicariously through high school kids. It's a life filled with booze, women, late nights, and even later morning...oh, wait...these are track kids...nevermind.

Mr. Matt said...

It's a true story. Today a student left a lunch box in my room. I looked, there were Cheetos, there aint anymore!

(The pudding and sunflower seeds are still in there. Who is this kid's mom, Joan Crawford?)

superdave524 said...

If loving Cheetos is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Arlene said...

I've heard of the R.I.C.E. method of healing an injury, not the C.H.E.E.T.O.S. method. But Cheetos leaves a nice orange glow on the toesies...

As Star said...WHEN you heal. You've done it before and you can do it again. And I still have that roll of tape....