Monday, March 10, 2008

Since I won't be Runnin' 4A Weak...


The Lovely Lynne and I went to see Alejandro Escovedo on Friday night. He hails from Austin, Texas, and he can sure sing and play that Guitar!

Driving over in the monsoon, proved worthwhile as Alejandro and his buddy Dave, flat out wailed and crooned the very receptive crowd at the Palladium in St. Pete. As I was watchin Al though, I couldn't help but think, "This guy reminds me of somebody." And then viola! it hit me like Taxes in April, it's him!


I want to call him Larry Sanders, but his name is Gary Shandling. Check them both out below.


And if you don't like this one, I say, tuff toenails, or something like that!



I have extra time on my hands when I'm not running, but I'll be home soon.

8 comments:

Dr. Maguse said...

I love Larry...well, Artie and Hank!!!!
Thanks for the clips.

Mr. Matt said...

Dr. M, I believe this is one of the best, but it didn't have Alejandro, er, Gary in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0QHw-3zZ4Q

Chase Squires said...

Gary Shandling, a master .. remember his show, and the great theme song? "this is the theme to gary's show, the theme to gary's show, gary called me up and asked if I would write his theme song ..."

Dr. Maguse said...

just watched this one...LOVE IT
my fav episode is still the one with elvis costello and duchovny (all those clips are 10 mins long)

but this is great too...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzznBDz-758

i need some guacamole

Anonymous said...

BTW, IF you follow your training plan for this week (especially Monday - Saturday), I think you deserve a letter. It'll be a tough week for you. Really.

Mr. Matt said...

Just me, I agree. I'll be IN if I can do this week, and I think I can. I plan to bike while yall run at Julie's on Wednesday.

Arlene said...

Since when have YOU followed your training plan to the letter?

Good luck!

superdave524 said...

Did you just say "tough titties"?

And the band was good, too.