Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sedentary Life, Day THA-REE

Day one (Sunday) wasn't too bad. I got to be around the runners, hobnob and all that rot.

Day two, the pain is still evident, so it still felt like the right thing to kick back. Plus I was busy setting up my lesson plans and computer for the last 9 weeks of school.

Day three (Tuesday). Well, this is the day I usually run 4 at 4 AM and meet Becky and Davo for 5-6 miles and several brews in the evening. I reset my alarm for 4:40 AM but I woke up before it went off. I can't believe people sleep in until the last minute, don't you feel like you are trying to catch up all day? Ick, I can't do that. But, I am finding use for this extra non-running time. Well, there's this, more words, less wonderfully unsophisticated pictures.

There's going through the e-mails of people that can't believe Croom Fools Run filled up "so fast." People it filled on Friday, two weeks before the race. Man, if I'm planning to go 50 miles, I've sent in my race app a long time ago! I tried to sign up for Wasatch 9 solid months before the event and it was sold out! So, you gotta give me two weeks.

Still I'm going to gym tonight and then I reckon I'll still have one brew, not several (gotta watch the figure without the running you know.)

As for the foot, it still hurts like the Dickens (not you Pam, more like Charles in that story about the orphan, that was painful.)

I'll keep you posted, but all in all, I don't think the sedentary life is for me.
Oh, and one more thing.... How do you know when it's time to take a shower if you haven't run that day? So many things to learn about life on the outside!

6 comments:

The Professor said...

It's time to take a shower when you start thinking, "Is that me or is that Harley?"

Chase Squires said...

Wow, Croom filled up? I guess I need to get off my butt and sign up for the Collegiate Peaks, it's May 3 ...

Mr. Matt said...

Or when Harley starts asking!

superdave524 said...

If Harley tells you his daddy's name is Sam- time to stop listening.

Mr. Matt said...

Blah, Blah, Blah

superdave524 said...

Hey, Ange, you missspelled "go to NY and shoot a lot of people for me".