Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March Forth!


Today Is March 4th. My brother pointed out to me years ago that this is as much a command as it is a date. This year bro, you couldn't be more right!

I'll be Marching, soldiering on, towards the Slam. Every day, eyes on the prize, it's a journey. So, there's that.

Also, I'm starting to see the results of ground work laid in Cross Country season with my track team. The drag here is now, I've got to keep some of these cats going. I can't just accept that they are tired or couldn't make it to practice. Now that I see their potential, I want them to capitalize on it.

My boy, Peter G, now that I know he can achieve a fast time, I know what he needs to do to get there, and I know he can handle harder workouts. Of course, he wants to be the same lazy kid that started cross country hiding as much as he was running. He actually came to me yesterday and asked that revise his mile goal back up to 6 minutes. I'm like, "Whoa now son, you've already gone 5:47, now we have to shoot for 5:30 then down to 5:00 by year end." He actually said this, "But coach, that was really hard."

Oh, ok, just jog the next few meets and take two of these fast pills. Er, NO! Yes, it's hard, but Peter, I saw you run, I saw your joy, "No go March Forth!

7 comments:

Chase Squires said...

Just be sure to beware the ides ... or is that ideas ... of March

superdave524 said...

Et tu, Chaser? I liked the Ides of March. I also liked the post.

superdave524 said...

Oh, and dibs on "Vehicle" by Ides of March for March 15th (that being the Ides of March. Interestingly, May and June also have Ides. I did not know that until I checked Wikipedia).

Star said...

Can I have a fast pill too??

The Professor said...

DURNIT!!!!!!
You totally stole my "fast pill" line...apparently I need to be quicker with wit AS WELL AS with running...

Chase Squires said...

No, Dave, I only et one .. honest!

Star said...

Whew! At least I'm quicker than someone for a change ;) Either way, it looks like the dealer isn't dealing...