Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hey Andy, How's the Foot?

Not too bad!

Turns out taking a break every now and then is good idea, who knew? I went to the Running Center last night (it's kinda like going to the doctor, they are trying to sell you stuff, but at least they spend more time with you!) At the Running Center last night I picked up ze Strassberg Sock, reccommended to me by Mr. Chase Squires (Stroke Me, Stoke Me) and a pair of nifty inserts. I almost went with the $4 heel pads instead of the $42 inserts, but then I remembered that's how I got in to this mess in the first place, by BEING CHEAP!

I ran 30 very fast miles in some very bad shoes. I knew these shoes sucked swamp water, but they were new, I couldn't throw them away.... and they hurt my feet. And they started this whole Plantar Fascitiis thingy. And I finally pitched those bad boys in file 13. So, Monday I ran 17 cautious miles, a little discomfort, no pain. Yesterday I ran 5 cautious miles, a little discomfort, no pain. Last night I slept with my new Strassberg sock and I can see where that will stretch me out.

This morning, still no pain. We'll see on Thursday at Julies how it holds up.

I'll keep you posted. AndyMan

8 comments:

Chase Squires said...

I forgot to mention the second part, after you crank your foot into an unnatural position with the evil sock, consume enough beer to "aid in sleep" ....

Mr. Matt said...

Yeah, the beer would have helped. But I'm licking this foot thing (did he say licking this foot? I think he did. Yuck!)

Roger said...

I never heard so much whining over a itty bitty sore foot. Maybe you should get your sleep aid from...not beer...anyone? Bueller? anyone? Of course...WINE! seriously, if the goofy sock thing works, let me know. I have an achilles that has an attitude like Linda Blair in that vomit spewing movie and I'm not doing my liver any favors with the "sleeping aids" that seem to help.

Mr. Matt said...

Gee I don't know if the sock will help the achillies. check with Zeus about that.

And, I know. I feel like a big weenie with the foot, who knew it could hurt so much. Shoot, I ran 35 miles of Vermont with a broken ankle on year, and it never hurt as much as that foot. Happily, the sock, the inserts, the beer, the tape, when all used together.... really take a lot of time... no! Make me go to the bathroom.... no! Really seem to help the Plantar!

superdave524 said...

"What ees thees chili heel?"

Star said...

OK, so then what's your excuse for no-showing this morning at San Ann???

Mr. Matt said...

Candi was my ride, I don't have a bike rack. Darn that girl!!!! And she bagged out. Star I ALMOST rhode me bike to San An to ride with yall, Almost.

Geez, is it Just Me, or is that two weeks in a row she's copped out on us?

Star said...

Well, its too bad, 'cause I aint riding San Ann next week, four days before Umstead. Nope. Not going to happen! Waaay to many things could go wrong.