Friday, March 7, 2008

Song of the Week #7

This one was easy, Under Pressure, I was out running and it just..... What do you mean no fair? What do you mean foul? Na, I'm just yanking the chain on your leg.

Today, I told myself, "Self, you've got to slow down hoss. You've been going to fast." My last long run pace, 26 miles, was at 10 mile pace. My last 10 miler was at 5 mile pace, and my last 7 miler was at 3 mile pace. Yoikes, but who do I think I am, Candi Ashley? I can't do that.

So, I s l o w e d w a y d o w n. And as I did so, I thought man, this is a slow ride, take it easy.

Thank you Foghat! (evidently, this song is way popular on Guitar Hero):


Makes me pretty darn glad that I generally run on the trail, knowhatimean? Reminds me a little too much of this, and once again, SuperDave, you aren't eligible to name that movie:


No pressure, I knew it would come to me.
By the way, the run was better too :-)

14 comments:

superdave524 said...

Hee, Hee.

Anonymous said...

Haw, Haw

Dr. Maguse said...

"Slow Ride" is on guitar hero. If I recall correctly, it's on the stage for beginners.

Dr. Maguse said...

darn comment submitted before I finished.
My dream is to reach this song (even though the best part of the song is edited). I don't understand the clean version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8L0snPVuJg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjYcYa4AGL4

Chase Squires said...

Death Race 2000

Anonymous said...

Chaser should have been disqualified from answering as well...

Chase Squires said...

"Frankenstein scores his own pit crew!"

What, so I have it on DVD, sue me ...

superdave524 said...

Public domain. Not actionable.

superdave524 said...

...or were you kidding?

The Professor said...

I don't know what I have more respect for...the fact that you can quote Deathrace or the fact that you own it...such a classic flic.

Mr. Matt said...

Heck yeah classic fick. There was a time when HBO meant Deathrace 2000, Swept Away, and Eating Raul 24-7 baby. You know back when ESPN was all Sumo Rodeo and Australian Rules football all the time.

The Professor said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pphMecGZQ_s

Greatest scene in the whole film -

"What's that?"
"Euthanasia day at the geriatric clinic. They do it every year."

Chase Squires said...

Ah, Andy, the good old days, you forgot Gallipoli in the mix.

and you knew it was late when you turned on ESPN and there were two white guys fighting ...

Mr. Matt said...

Gallipoli, ah yes. You know it wasn't till a couple of years ago that I realized the Good Guys lost that one. Think I'll try to find a copy for History Class, not too many WWI flicks out there.

Didn't think they made them that way after the backlash from Old Yeller! In Old Yeller II, Little Yeller Feller, OY's pup is reunited with his Ma and they share a bone.