Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sedentary Life: Day 7, Left Out

Everybody's running today. Well almost everybody:Yeah, yeah, I know, it's only one more day, and it was nice sleeping in, but geez, they're running today and I'm typing, right now, they are having fun. The trail is wet (and sloppy) while here, I only have movies, and I can get some work done, and
the fridge is chock full, and I can take a nap.

Still, you know what I'm saying, they can all bitch together (If you don't have anything nice to say about somebody, come on over and sit by me.) With the whole running thing, misery loves company. So much in fact that misery becomes fun. And it's true, I'm a pack animal (ask anyone, they'll tell you) I am not the lone wolf (Chuck Norris is.)

12 comments:

superdave524 said...

You are really a guy, no question about it. A good guy, but a guy. If a runner falls in the woods, and there aren't other runners to taunt him/encourage him/step over him, did he/she really fall?

Also, how on earth did you vote on the poll before I did?

Mr. Matt said...

See, I'm not out sloshing around in the woods. And I've already read the comics (the short ones.)

superdave524 said...

I used to like Prince Valiant.

Mr. Matt said...

Henry was more my speed. Like to see Price Valliant in a chain fight with Henry, I'd buy that on pay per view.

superdave524 said...

Prince Valiant: Thou tonsured dog! Surely Thou shalt die under the weight of my blood-besoaked sword!

Henry: ...

Anonymous said...

Star and I bitched about no one, nothing, nada this morning. Just had a pleasant run. And, the trails at Flatwoods were not too wet.

I'm a Pearls Before Swine fan myself.

Chase Squires said...

Andy, for videos, you can't beat Big and Rich ... it's like two rednecks got to make a video and said, hey, it could be a parade ... yeah, with hookers, and a high school band .. and a helicopter, and confetti .. and those chicks from the Robert Palmer Addicted to Love video ... yeah, and horses ... and a midget, that'd be cool!

Enjoy ...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oWMyPjWwaSo

Mr. Matt said...

Yeah, entertaining AND thought provokeing!

And Star, you didn't bitch at all.... sure, you're only saying that to make me feel better!

Arlene said...

I ran 16 miles this morning in TT. The longest that I have run at one time since Boston '07. And I bitched. I didn't even listen to me either. Just did my run and then stood in a cold pool for 20 minutes. Didn't run in it, didn't pee in it. Just stood there and listened to my mp3! And my nose dripped.

How's that for excitement?

Mr. Matt said...

You had me at cold pool.

Anonymous said...

"You Had Me From Hello"

Chase Squires said...

7 days makes one weak ... time's up, how's the foot??